Evesham Wheelers (EW) Reliability Ride — Sunday March 24th 2024
Start and Finish at Raphael’s Restaurant, Hampton Ferry, Evesham
Reliability rides are non-competitive training (or social) events. At sign-on, you choose a distance and target time and try to complete the course in (as close as possible to) the exact time for that ride.
As well as EW members, the ride is open to all local cycling clubs and anyone else who would like to join in. The distances and times are designed so that there is something for everyone.
- 10.30am 25 miles in 2 hours (12.5 mph)
- 10.00am 25 miles in 2 hrs 30 mins (10 mph) – to suit 1st timers
- 9.30 am 50 miles in 3 hours (16.8 mph)
- 9.00 am 50 miles in 3 hours 45 minutes (13.4 mph)
- 8.15am 70 miles in 4hours 15 mins (16.5mph)
- Registration for all rides is on the day, opening at 8.00 am. Entry fee payable on the day is £2 per rider – all the revenue will be going to a local charity. Please bring cash! There will be a free finishers’ raffle held afterwards. All finishers are automatically entered but you must be there to claim your prize!
- The 25mile route will be a mildly undulating tour of the famous Lenches with about 340 metres of climbing. The 50mile route takes you on an extended lap of Bredon Hill via Evesham, Pershore and Tewkesbury and has about 500m of climbing. The 70 miler is the toughest and involves climbing Snowshill towards the end.
- There will be no signs, no route markers and no paper course instructions – just GPX files available in advance from the following sources:
- Downloadable from the Cyql app (available from Google or Apple app stores)
- Downloadable from the EW website: HERE
- For EW members, they will also be available on the club WhatsApp groups or Facebook.
- If you have no access to any of these, then please just show up early on the morning and we will try to help when you register. If you have no Garmin or other device, we will help you “buddy up” with someone who has one.
- The Start and Finish are at Raphael’s Restaurant at Hampton Ferry. Plenty of free parking is available. Raphael’s will be open for breakfast at the start and food and drink afterwards – so you can make a day of it and enjoy waiting for the longer ride finishers over lunch. The full address is Boat Lane, Evesham, Worcestershire WR11 4BP